Calibrate recognizes that obesity isn’t just about eating too much or exercising too little, said Donna Ryan, M.D., Calibrate’s clinical advisor and professor emeritus at the Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Rather, obesity is the result of genetic susceptibility to environmental factors that drive weight gain, she says.
In certain individuals, the body “defends” the maximum amount of fat when gaining weight. This basically means against losing that weight, Dr. Ryan says. Biological and physiological forces then drive weight gain through increased appetite and decreased energy expenditure,” she explains.
Calibrate’s approach to weight management, the One-Year Metabolic Reset program, includes a thorough medical evaluation, GLP-1 receptor agonist prescription, and one-on-one online coaching, says Dr. Ryan. I will explain.
The Metabolic Reset four-part program is approved by Calibrate’s clinical advisory board of obesity treatment and metabolic health experts and scientific researchers, and the company guarantees at least 10% weight loss .
To qualify as a calibrator, you must:
- Be between the ages of 18-64.
- I live in the US.
- Have company or employer health insurance other than Kaiser.
- Have a BMI of 30 or greater, or 27 or greater and have at least one medical condition including diabetes or prediabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, obstructive sleep apnea or PCOS.
- Not pregnant or nursing.
- No eating disorders or substance abuse problems.
- No cancer, gallbladder disease, pancreatitis within the past 6 months, or bariatric surgery within the past 18 months.
Once eligibility is confirmed, do the following:
1. Complete health intake
When you sign up for Calibrate’s One-Year Metabolic Reset, you’ll receive a comprehensive intake form that takes about 20 minutes to complete. From there, you’ll be provided with a link to schedule a virtual visit with her one of Calibrate’s doctors and your first accountability coaching session. Schedule a visit with her virtual doctor at least 5 days before her first coaching session so lab results are available.
2. Complete lab work
A lab order will be created and emailed to you within 3 days of signing up for the Calibrate program. Prior to the virtual visit, he must schedule blood draws and complete them locally so that they are available to Dr. Calibrate. Working in this lab involves:
- – Renal function test (Cr/GFR) within the last 12 months
- – Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) or fasting blood glucose test within the last 6 months
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) test within 6 months
- Lipid panel for obtaining cholesterol values
- Comprehensive metabolic panel to check kidney and liver function
- fasting insulin test to check for insulin resistance
- Highly Sensitive C-Reactive Protein Test (Hs-CRP) for Analyzing Inflammation
3. Set up your welcome kit
A welcome kit will be sent to your home. You should receive it within 5 business days after signing up. Kit includes:
- smart scale
- tape measure
- Start Calibration Guide
- food resource folder
This guide will show you how to download the Calibrate app, how to sync your scale, and how to sync your Google Fit or Apple Health app. This folder contains a guide to Calibrate’s dietary philosophy, represented by four triangles associated with each level or phase of the program.
Calibrate is not a diet and does not restrict calories. Instead, learn to cut back on sugar and processed foods, and instead focus on healthy, whole foods in the right proportions.
4. Enter your baseline metrics
Record your initial waist circumference and weight in the Calibrate app (instructions are in the app and guide).
5. Read the Calibrate Fundamentals class
Two days before your doctor’s appointment, you will receive an email with instructions on how to download Zoom and a link to your first three Calibrate lessons.
6. Complete the virtual doctor visit
Discuss lab results and calibration programs with your doctor. At this point, your doctor will confirm that you are a candidate for her GLP-1 drug and prescribe the best option based on your individual circumstances.
7. Start resetting your metabolism
The One-Year Metabolic Reset includes sessions with Calibrate’s coaching team, classes focused on selected topics, sessions focused on setting healthy daily habits, and techniques for long-term success. Includes four levels of learning-focused accountability coaching. Goals include getting 7-9 hours of sleep each night, learning how to manage stress, making healthier food choices, and logging 150 minutes of exercise each week.
Customer support is available to new and existing customers Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. Existing members can contact our support team via the app or email.
#Tailor #Metabolic #Reset #Weight #Loss #Review #Forbes #Health